What is PTPI's Global Youth Forum (GYF)?
Since 2002, delegates ages 13-18 from around the world have been exposed to diverse ideas, cultures, and people while having fun at the Global Youth Forum. The four night/five day program equips students with the tools and inspiration necessary to foster cross-cultural learning, develop leadership skills, and make a difference at the local and global levels. This year's curriculum is based on the theme Learn to Serve, Serve to Learn, which has more than 10 hours of educational workshops, six (6) hours of community service work, as well as cultural and social activities.
2014 GYF Highlights
- Meet PTPI's CEO, Clark Plexico
- Connect with new friends from around the globe
- Learn how to lead thoughtful, sustainable service projects
- Learn from experts about identifying community needs and forming partnerships
- Experience multiple service projects you can carry out in your own community
- Explore the vibrant culture of Kansas City
- Grow in your understanding of other places and cultures
Why do students choose to attend the GYF each year? Check out the list of benefits you will gain! A glance at the planned activities can be found on the agenda tab above. Become part of this distinguished group of extraordinary students by registering today!
Qualifications: Students who will be 13-18 years old and enrolled in middle school, high school, or home school during the GYF dates will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. A $250 deposit is required with each registration. Students are urged to REGISTER TODAY and enjoy the early bird rate. This year we anticipate registrations will exceed available space. You will receive a confirmation by email upon registration, as well as other important information.